Monday, December 2, 2013

Episode #0- The Start.

For a better portion of my adult life so far, more than I care to admit...I've tried podcasting.

'Tried" is an operative term, and by operative I mean I've operated under the delusion that I would podcast.

I've done a couple episodes of a movie review show with a friend in college.  It was awful.  We both knew it, but it was fun and productive use of that kinetic energy that ends up manifesting itself into the phrase, "I always wanted to..."

Well, I don't always want to.  I want to.  I will.  I am.

This site is the home for my podcast.  It's a very simple concept:  I'm going to talk to people that I know for an hour or so every episode.  Hear their stories.  Trade stories.  Laugh.  Chat.  Cry, maybe?  It's all up for grabs.

The important things to remember is these are people I know.  None of them are strangers.  Some of them I will know better than others, that's a given, but I'm not talking to anyone I've had zero social interaction with.  And why do you care?  You don't yet.  That part's my job.  But if you like hearing stories, or if you're on a long drive, give it a shot.  You might enjoy it.  Sure, it's not Kanye going on about his undisputed genius, but...maybe a friend will say something that strikes a chord with you, and get you through a tough time, or provide you with a laugh when you need it most.

I'll also be plugging podcasts I like on here from time to time.  Things I think are really top-notch work, and you're welcome to disagree.

That's another thing:  You might not like everything you hear on this podcast.  I have friends and acquaintances from all different walks of life.  Hopefully, you won't be turned off by a differing opinion, but if you are, well, truthfully I don't think you'd be listening to this anyways so that's kind of moot.

I just wanted to get this first entry in here so you know what I'm trying to do.  A statement of purpose always helps me, and this isn't the last one of these either.  It's a breathing thing, a show like this.  It's gotta work itself out.  And given this my first go at this alone...be gentle.  I'll do my best.

In advance, thanks for listening.  And thanks for the support.

-alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment