Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Episode #1- Ryan Schumaker

Today's show, the first show, is a good one.  A little longer than I'll probably usually go, but it's good.

Ryan Schumaker is a friend of mine.  I met him, as you'll find through our friend Evan, who I work with on our comic book, 'Youth'.

Stand-up Ryan.  But with a beanie.

Admittedly, most of our conversations have been either observing drunk people at parties we are not drunk at, or talking about movies, comics, etc.  So the chance for us to talk on a more personal level was pretty intriguing to me...he was also the only person I knew that was up that late on a Sunday night so I asked him to come by.




Ryan and myself at iOWest. 


What ensued was a sprawling conversation about movies, music, nu metal, our shared history of being in bands, family, women (not girls) briefly, Ghost Adventures, Ryan's standup career and his work with 'Sleepaway Camp', a free comedy show he helps produce in downtown LA, and his basic feelings about really anything that came up.

It was great to talk to him.  He's a very insightful individual.  I had always suspected this, but he truly is a odd menagerie of secrets wrapped in riddles that turn into an altogether pretty decent guy.  He'll definitely be coming back, but he's just an insanely fun person to talk to.

The show is going to be very loose, usually.  I can't imagine it being any other way.  I like to hear my friend's stories and I like talking to them about things they want to talk about.

In regards to Ryan's show, you'll notice we talk about people we know.  That's how that will usually go, thus, ensuring me actually 'knowing' these people.

Couple links to check out:

The show we talk about, Sleepaway Camp, goes up every tuesday at 9pm.  Link below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/419596928154419/

Listen in here.  The episode is in 2 parts:

http://peopleiknowpodcast.podomatic.com

Thanks for the support!

-alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment